When you have been injured and need a motorcycle accident attorney, Orlando lawyer, or legal representation to help you with claims originating from a motorcycle crash, look to our law firm for the experience and skill that you need in and out of the courtroom.
Excellent year round Florida weather means more traffic on the roads, and more active motorcyclists in this state. According to 2010 records at the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 7,484 motorcycle accidents that resulted in 350 deaths and 6,650 injuries. Of those injured, 5,034 persons were admitted to hospitals. This data also shows that males between the ages of 25 and 55 had the highest accident rate.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) associates the following behaviors with motorcycle accidents:
• Following too closely to a motorcycle. Drivers should maintain at least a 3 to 4 second following distance for safety.
• Failure to stop or slow down when a motorcyclist has to avoid a road hazard like a pothole or debris.
• Not checking rearview mirrors for motorcycles or other vehicles when turning or changing lanes.
• Driving too close when passing a motorcycle or sharing lanes.
Typical Motorcycle Accident Injuries
There has been an increase in motorcycle accident injuries by 21 percent since Florida repealed its helmet law in 2000.
• Internal organ injuries and fractures sustained in non-fatal motorcycle accidents are the most common types of injury that sent victims to the hospital.
• Damage to upper and lower extremities was seen in over half of emergency department motorcycle accident cases.
• Half of the injuries treated at emergency departments involved fractures and superficial wounds.
• In 29 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents recorded in 2010, decedents had traumatic brain injury.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney and Orlando Lawyer
Persons injured in this type of accident should consult our legal counsel immediately. Our attorneys have years of experience winning cases for Orlando motorcycle accident clients. There is a definite advantage when your lawyer knows how to make the best possible argument in your favor. They will aggressively seek the compensation you deserve, which in some cases can even amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, contact your Orlando lawyer as soon as possible after you have receive medical attention, obtained other driver and witness information and called police. It is okay to report to your insurance company any basic facts about the accident, but do not speak with the other party’s insurance company representative. Protect your rights and speak only with your attorney; the first consultation is always free.